Monday, September 28, 2009

Srsly

OK, I was just kidding.

Last three weeks have been really busy, lots of running around, getting tactically proficient, and ensuring that my mental and physical health is up to par.

Lot's of hurry up and wait, a grand staple of Army bureaucracy. A lot of waiting in one spot and then moving over to another spot for some more waiting.

Got my small pox vaccination, oh boy, that's a lot of fun. In fact, I got hit with 6 different needles on medical day. I'd think that this is a version of hell. Let's wait in line for hours and hours in order to endure something that really sucks and then move on to the next line, rinse, repeat.

Then we had to ensure we were able to point our weapons in the general direction of an enemy and squeeze the trigger. No problems there, but for me there never has been. Being able to hit what I'm aiming at is in my genes, apparently.

Then we had CONVOY LIVE FIRE. Oh boy, that's exciting stuff! Riding around in Humvees how they are SUPPOSED to be used, not these stupid 'hummers' you see that never leave the road. Training to react to combat situations.

One of the highlights was the humvee rollover training where they put you in a simulator and roll it over! Great fun. Then we unbuckled our seatbelts from upside down, flipped ourselves over and got out. We also did a 'side egress'.

Now we're getting into our job specific training. Less to talk about there, mostly boring computer stuff.

As for me, myself, and I? I'm doing well. It's too busy to think about how much it actually sucks working 12+ hour days every day. Hopefully the rest of the year will pass by just as quickly.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Danny - I was kind of looking forward to spy vs spy mis-spelling Heinrich Dumbledore every single time.
    Remember "dogs barking - can't fly - need umbrella."

    -Daja

    ReplyDelete