Tuesday, November 3, 2009

October?

Holy cow! Where'd October go?!?

Apparently it disappeared under a haze of midnight training and trips around the world.

I'm now sitting in my palatial B-hut (image google "b hut"), in the middle of one of the poorest countries in the world. I'm in a huge valley, surrounded on all three sides by mountains. They're actually really pretty, when you can see them through the haze of dust and pollution. It makes San Francisco smog look like a HEPA wonderland.

I'm full of coughs and soreness in my throat.

But I'm settling in. It's going to be a year of sleep and work. My times are pretty much offset with the waking hours of Western Babylon, so I find myself having to wake up extra early to chat with anyone.

Can't wait til we're all done with our training and get into our rhythm. Then I can develop our work schedules and start giving everyone, myself included, some time off. Those will be the big 'call home' days.

So, I'm here, in Afghanistan. Week 9 of 52... almost 20% through the entire thing. Sweet.

Well, more later, when I have time and something to write.

See ya!

1 comment:

  1. you tube has a good "this old b-hut" show. I particularly like the landscaping. But I'm not sure the whole B-hut thing meets the governments new "green initiatives"

    ReplyDelete